Welcome to the 30 Day Carnivore Challenge!

Monday, October 26th 2009 marks the first day of the "30 Day Carnivore Challenge." I created this challenge specifically for my boyfriend, Shell, who lives and breaths for greasy fast food, cheeseburgers, steak (specifically a 24 ounce Porterhouse), stuffed-crust pizza and ice cream. Sound familiar?

If this sounds like a mirror image of your eating habits or you know someone who eats this way, I urge you to follow us for the next 30 days. Now wait a second... just because some of you may be grossed out by Shell's diet, I am still talking to YOU! Yes you!! I especially want people who eat a "healthy" diet consisting of lean meats and very little carbs, people who are on or have tried Atkins, South Beach, Eat Right for Your Type, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, or any other fad "DIET!"

For the next 30 days, I am going to let you in on a secret that nobody wants you to know and that billions of dollars are spent annually on covering it up. I will show how people who have diabetes, high cholesterol or high blood pressure can literally be freed of all their medication forever in as little as 30 days! How do I do this? It's simple. And you are about to find out.

Take a minute to click on the links above to meet the challenger, learn about protein and more! I will have a new post up at the end of each day (after all meals), showcasing pictures of every meal and providing new information on why this will be the most important challenge of your life.

Here's to your health, to the animals and to the Earth!

Kinzie

Day Ninteen: A Vegan's Paradise

I was having a conversation with my parents yesterday about how much weight Shell has lost since he started the challenge.  Then it occurred to me.   I forgot to tell you that Shell made it a point to not workout AT ALL during his 30 day challenge.  He wants to see the direct relationship between diet on his weight and blood lipids.  And no, I am not going to reveal how much weight he has lost until after the 30 days.  So just know that yes, he has lost weight, and he has not had any cravings for meat or felt hungry.  

Breakfast: The Usual Maple Oats w/ 1/2 whole grain English muffin & PB


Lunch: 
I must make a confession.  Yesterday morning I was a little annoyed and didn't bring any snacks or lunch to work for Shell.  By the time he was past the point of being hungry and realized I didn't have any food for him, he did what any self-respecting carnivore would do to get back at his veg girlfriend... he went to Jack 'n the Box.  Lunch was a veggie rice bowl with no chicken and french fries.  Stop laughing, Jack!  STOP!!!  hehe...

 


Dinner: A Vegan's Paradise
Shell and I went to dinner with my parents for my step-father's birthday.  I believe I have mentioned before that both my Mom and my Step-Dad have been "plant-strong" for going on 85 days now... but who's counting?  Stay tuned on my blog for their plant story in the upcoming weeks.  Anyway, they chose a small, vegan cuisine called "Mary's Secret Garden" in Ventura, which I have been wanting to try for months now.  It is a very small (seats about 30 people, small), kind-of hold-in-the-wall looking place tucked away by the beach.  Not only was the service outstanding, but the food was probably one of the best meals I have ever had in my entire LIFE!  OUTSTANDING.  Not only that, but Shell gave it a 10 out of 10 for taste and can't wait to go back.  Here's what he had: 
Mary's Famous Cheezeburger



And here's Mary's Secret Garden:

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment